Monday 31 August 2009

Perry pens mega deal

London Town captain Daniel Perry has signed new contract with the club - a record-breaking seven-year deal that sees him earn £250,000-a-week, which will make him the highest-paid player in BritLeague history.

The England CSA defender, who only joined Town last year while they were still known as Ajax London, has excelled after the former Barnsworth captain came to the club in July, immediately taking the armband and winning two CSA England Cups and a CSA England Super Cup.

"This club gonna be big for a long time yet," Perry stated in a press conference. "And I want to be apart of it."

"I came here to take this club forward. I want to be apart of the world domination this club's gonna get."

Perry started at Barnsworth since he was 14, and signed as a trainee at 17. With Barnsworth, he won the CSA Cup, two E-League titles and an E-League Cup. Shortly before his departure from Barns Park, then-teammate Adam Carter (who now plies his trade for East Anglia Knights) described him as "Mr. Barnsworth," a nickname that Perry apparently dislikes.

"Yeah, I love Barnsworth, I played for them for a decade, but I'm not Mr. Barnsworth anymore, and I never was. I'm a London Town player now, so why not call me Mr. London Town!" Perry joked.